House Sitting Jobs-How How To Make Money On The Side
Whether you are looking for some extra cash, a place to stay on vacation Heck! maybe you want something to do. House sitting jobs may be the solution.
According to ZipRecruiter, these jobs’ average income ranges $53,000 per year. Typically some jobs are paying up to $25 an hour. Now you see why house sitting jobs are becoming a growing trend. So how can you get a piece of the pie? Continue reading to find the best house-sitting jobs.
What is House Sitting? And What Do You Do?
House-sitting is when the homeowner puts their trust in your hands to watch over their property and possessions. In many cases it involved watching over their pets, watering plants, turning out lights, etc. Homeowners seek out house sitters for a long period of time away on vacation or long trips.
So what do house sitters do? With a mutual agreement, the sitter ( You ) get to live in their home without any accommodation fees in exchange to do house chores duties. This agreement usually is about taking care of house pets, keeping clean, maintaining properly in event of problems or something goes wrong. to make sure everything goes smoothly while the homeowners are away.
House Sitting Jobs Responsibilities
The Homeowner usually has clear expectations of what they want from the house sitter. Here are some examples listed below
- They want to leave their home property and pets in the hands of people they can trust and depend on.
- Looking for people to show up and leave when it’s time to leave.
- They their pets taking care for such as feeding, walking etc,
- Return home with a clean tidy home,in the same manner when they left.
- To trust their house sitter to report periodically while away on vacation.
- They might want to build a relationship of trust for future repeat jobs needed from you.
What Should You Expect From The Homeowner
- You want the homeowner to be upfront and honest about their pets temperament behaviors. And have information about the Vet and cash on hand if something happens if their pet needs treatment etc.
- Provide a bedroom with bathroom and with enough storage to place your personal items such as clothing etc.
- Be told upfront of any internal or external alarms, cameras, surveillance that has been place in the home or property
Sounds simple right? But something so simple can destroy the relationship between you and the homeowner. Communication and Expectation.
How Much Do House Sitting Pay?
Well, just here in North Carolina the average pay for house sitting jobs are around $41, 306 per year, that’s an hourly rate around $19 bucks an hour. $795 per week or around $3,500 a month. Franky, that’s a good side hustle job for some extra cash flow. According to ZipRecruiter, they are seeing salary rates as high as $100,000 just in North Carolina.
Is House Sitting Jobs Safe?
Everything you do has a risk factor and of course house sitting jobs is something to be careful when searching for these types of jobs. I wouldn’t recommend taking house sitting jobs off of craigslist.
As a house sitter you alway dive deeper in interviews with the homeowner to find out more information and to get a sense of the homeowner and where the home is. For example, the home in the back in the boondocks of some remote country. Is there wifi or phone access for emergencies. If not, you might want to think twice evenly if the money sounds good.
You should always ask the question: is the property in a safe place? Does anyone else have keys to the home or access to the property? During the interview if you start to feel uncomfortable you have the option to say no do to the situation.
What Are The Best House Sitting Jobs & Where To Find Them?
House-sitting Jobs are the best solution to travel on a budget. In exchange you get to watch someone else’s house and pets while earning you a free place to stay without any accomodation. But if you have no idea how to find the best house sitting jobs. Well in this post you will find some of the best house sitting jobs. Let’s continue reading.
There are some good benefits to finding house-sitting jobs if you are looking to travel around the world. You have the opportunity to build a long lasting relationship with pets, chicken, dogs, cats and of course human homeowners.
If you never experience house sitting in your life and a great place to start is among family members, friends and colleagues. Let them know about your passion for house sitting. This is good for them as a way of cutting the cost of a dog kennel bills and expenses while away.
To Get Started Signup With Some of The Top Best House-Sitting Jobs Sites. .
Although all of these sites have a membership fee, they are the best on the internet and this is where homeowners will go to look for trustworthy house sitters. If you are looking for travel, city or country house-sitting jobs.
- TrustedHousesitters.com – Discover house sitting jobs that center around taking care of pets in the USA, UK, European, North American and Australia. (Annual Fee of $129 USD) if you don’t mind pets this is for you.
- Nomador.com – Looking for house-sitting job around Europe trust profiles ( $89 USD Annual Fee )
- Housesitter.com – is an online service that matches homeowners to trusted house sitters offering pet and house sitting services. Although they offer Free in order to get access to more feature they do offer Annual Fee or Monthly Fee
- HousesitMatch.com – Homeowners are seeking good people to take care of their pets and homes. Looking for travel in Paris, France etc. $69 Annual Fee
- HousesitMexica.com – This site has been around since 2016 if you are looking for house sitting job in Mexico
- HouseCarers.com – This was one of the first sites to offer house sitting jobs. ($50 Annual Fee) but it does offer a free trial.
- Housesittersamerica.com – Perfect place to look for house sitting jobs in America.
- Homeexchange.com – This is perfect if you are looking for unique house sitting jobs around the world.Now there is a charge of $150 this gives you access to unlimited exchanges.
- Lovehomeswap.com – This is similar to home exchange except you are basically saying I will watch your if you watch mine. They do offer a free trial however the lowest membership runs about $130 bucks a year. While premium costs about $360 per year.
- Luxuryhousesitting.com – You can stay in some beautiful homes around the world. $25 per year. You get the best of both worlds, get paid and stay in a luxury home.
Additional House Exchanges Available on The Internet.
There are many other platforms that offer a place to stay, such as Arbnb, hometogo, Vrbo. However these sites center around booking vacation homes. House Sitting jobs are different, Yes you have to pay an annual fee but you can stay anywhere in the world for free and get paid to stay in some cases.
Why House Sitting Job Is One Great Side Hustle
Even if you don’t use house sitting jobs to travel the world. This is still a great side hustle to earn some extra cash. Most people who venture in house sitting are looking for a way to solve their money problems.
Learn how I make $500 a day doing something I love to do. Let me share with you this same training that has allowed me to be worried free about money forever.
There are plenty of ways to start generating your side hustle income paydays. Whatever you reason to start side hustling, watching pets, watering the flowers, cleaning , etc. These jobs are available today.
Rover.com earning some extra cash watching other people’s pets is a good little side hustle.In many cases you can stay in the homeowner’s home while doing the work.
Housesitter.com House sitters can post their profile on this site for homeowners to view potential house sitters. The good thing about this site is that you can mention in your profile what type of job you are looking for.
Is House Sitting Jobs A Good Side Hustle?
As you can see there are a lot of potential house sitting jobs available around the world. It is a great opportunity for people looking to travel in other countries. This is perfect for save money on travel expenses and free place to stay.
On the flip side, getting paid to do house sitting is a good way to earn some extra cash in your neighborhood , city or town. House sitting is still a great way to earn extra cash on the side.
Are you currently sitting, Please share your experiences with our readers. I love to hear your Good or Bad thoughts on this post by commenting below.